Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day of just me; myself and I


Dear diary,

Yesterday was my off day for the week. Took an advance day off for my night shift earlier on. But i don't regret having just one sleep day, work again and have my off. I simply detest night shift to core. If I can, I will try to avoid as I can!

So I dragged myself to the gym. Completed my 3 session with the personal trainer. It was really hell. It has been some time since I did any vigorous exercise. And for the past 3 weeks, I have been working on my core muscles. It's really tedious. But I managed to do 15 reps of each circuit. Of course, the after effect is horrendous for the next few days. 'DOMS- delay onset of muscle soreness'

Anyway yesterday as usual, check in at MBC! I really love the place, the amenities. The pool lap for me to unwind! So any-o-how, completed my TRX, it was really strength and core building. Went to had another 20mins run at the treadmill.. The more I run, the more I preserved on. I set a target that I want to achieve at the end of the gumming session. It was really a breakthrough for me! I fall in love with doing cardio! It was tormenting, trying to grasp inhale and exhale, mentally my mind wanting to give up, still I fight against it. Reflections running through my head each time I run. And my mind becomes clearer when I finally stopped.

Usually after cardio, I will get changed and dipped myself into the pool. Sat by the jacuzzi, did a lil float (FYI: I can't swim :( ) and rest my body against the glass pane and overlook the heights. It was the kind of inner calm within me. Just the water and me.. And I start to ponder many things. I closed my eyes, and I hear my heart beating. It was an ultimate de-stress after a hard day work. I find all the positive thoughts to ward off my subjective and negative point of view re: work; ppl; colleagues.

However, yesterday.. Instead of dipping into the pool, I stripped naked, wrapped myself in a towel and headed to the hot sauna. Since I joined fitness first, I haven't had any chance to step into it. It was my first time yesterday. I took a corner edge, and make myself comfortable in meditating position, it feels really great! I was dripping wet when I left the room. An ultimate de-stress for me as well.

Classes there were fun too. I had so much fun moving my body for the dance class. My 'tong shou tong jiao' problem is rather serious. Bestie and bf witnessed it and had a good laugh! I forsee myself going for more. Pilates and body combat classes will be next on my list.

I'm changing my lifestyle. Hopefully for the better. The horrendous workload and academic really put me in a spot that I'm at the verge for breaking down and set into depression was horrible. I didn't want to experience that again. At least, I found a ventilating place for me myself and I.

I wanted to love myself more. Because I think I deserved it.

Wen be gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home