Thursday, June 19, 2008

Went through 2 torturous night with my first night being so havoc..

Practically 12 babies to manage and been running up and down to make milk for them. Whole night do nothing but pot baby clean catch urine, 2 blood c/s and cover with genta.., Giving puffs and practically every 1/2 hour for each patient. Anxious mother whose child got so cranky and refuses to sleep and in that she demand to see the doctor. House officer on-call is equally busy as well, have got so many admission to run, i tried my best to call them over. But they are really busy. I just want to point that, your baby's cranky refuses to sleep and by calling doctor will you think it helps? Just by explaining abt ur child's condition wouldn't stop the child from crying! The child will still cry!!!! She's just being difficult! Afterall, the child refuses to latch on and she needed milk badly.. cus been NBM since the whole noon. Soon after the child stopped crying after she latched on. So do you think by asking the doctor to come immediately the child will eventually stop crying? I've got nothing to say! I wonder where's her maternal instincts!

My 2nd night was equally hell.. being an onco junior.. there are so many things to run. Luckily i've got caixia with me to handle the general case charts if not i guess i will go really crazy! I've got one patient, she's heavenly dependent on fentanyl in another word, "morphine effect".. very strong narcotic drug, i can darely say that in my night shift she can used up 30 ampoules of fentanyl.. and will keep pressing the PCA to release the amount of drug she needed. She's highly dependent, highly addictive to it. She had got pancreatits. I'm really wondering how painful it is like. High dosage of narcotics can lead patient to respiratory distress...

I'm so worried for her. She's always been so drowsy whenever i went in to check on her.


I hope she does get well soon.




NM has done the appraisal, all the hardwork that we have contributed finally paid off. Getting another bonus this June salary. Am satisfied with my performance. As comment frm NM i need to work extra hard to keep up my current grade, must not let it de-grade. This seems to want to motivate me in her angle. However, to me, i felt even stressed to keep up with what i have!

Lately, ppl in my work place have been commenting why am i always the one to do so many of the things ahead of some of them. And i overheard it between one of the "Hei's" I was utterly "bu shuang " can................. By being IV trained, all i get was stupid remark like "Huh u go first.. what abt XXX." Haven't she went already? You came in later right??

Damn.. this is the most infuriating thing that i would want to answer! Do i have a choice? Next time when they asked: I would really reply them with "Why dont you ask sister instead of me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home