Friday, June 20, 2008

The new roster is out! NM grant me 3 days AL.. Gonna spend the 3 days with mylove. We're celebrating our 1 yr anniversary. =) There are so many things that we wanna do. Fingers crossed =X

Yesterday after work, we went down to visit his sister whom is hospitalised. Had a friendly chat with his sister and her friends. And they've got 30% off burberry items. whooooo.. Mylove was laughing so loud and kept repeating to me 30% off lehhhh...LOL

Alright shall keep the fingers crossed again...





My deep thoughts for the day:

I heard my colleague said that my patient had transferred to CICU the day before. She has hypotension, was in respiratory distress.. and her adominal is in very acute pain. She has got pancreatits and its so painful for her to bear..

So while on shift, NM popped by ICU and told her us that she was intubated and the cause of her being so hypotension and breathless was because the pseudomoneous cyst was accumulating and was pushing the diaphragm and the lungs upwards, making her so out of breath.. so they had an emergency op for her, and it turned out that it was draining 3 litres of fluid inside her.. now she was intubated..

My and one colleague went down to ICU during our shift.. I almost dropped my tears when i saw her in such a drastic state. She was being sedated by all the midazolam due to her intubation.. I pat her hand, although she was sedated however her eyeballs move a bit whenever i pat her.. all the machines and drugs were plugged onto her to sustain her life.. fentanyl, midazolam, insulin, adrenaline, nor adrenaline..... Adrenaline to make the heart keep beeping............

I was very emotional at that time. Her parent's came in... the moment her mom saw us she cried.. I just couldn't believe my eyes that the ever so bubbly bella was intubated and couldn't speak now.. I wanted to comfort her mom by telling her everything will be alright.. however, i dropped my tears even before i uttered those words. And all i do was to pat her shoulder and let her know Bella will be alright..

I felt a tinge bit of sadness when i knew she cant make it another round.. but she's a strong girl.. i do hope she can pull through......


She had written her everyday diary inside her laptop.. about her illness her struggles.. she's a strong girl...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home