Browsing through the roster, 2 staff will be on maternity leave, 1 staff resigned, another staff being deployed to another ward for the time being, dont know when she will be back. The ward is really understaff. Especially when there are more and more oncology cases on the rise in our ward. I dont know how to open my mouth to tell sister i want a transfer!
When i am ready to approach sister that very day, i looked at her and i had no courage to just walk towards her tell her to sit down for a talk. I am so afraid that i will have a good scolding from her. Hence, i decided to pen down all my thoughts in letter format and give it to her. Afterwhich when she knew my intention, i will have a talk with her!
This matter has been bothering me for days. The more i work, the more i feel so unhappy. Past 2 days, the ward is really like a mad house. Afternoon shift work until 10pm, also no one give a damn. The clock had already strike 10 yet there's still admission that streamed in like water. Some ppl still expect you to finish it before u leave. I am MAD !
The next day, AM shift.. I almost couldn't wake up.. luckily darl saved me! He gave a call @ 6.15am.. I woke up being panicked! Late for work for mere 10minutes! Whatever!! I tried my best already, anyway called up the ward 15 minutes before 7am and informed them already. The rest of the day is hell. Dont bother to mention, but really hell..
My mood was badly affected. Didn't went for break, i cant put down all the things to just to have a drink. I am totally drained out. Awaiting for the PM shift staff to rescue.
One incident that made me so mad mad mad!! I asked the auntie, the cleaner in our ward to clean the floor and bed. Because they transfered to another bed and the room is not cleaned yet, plus all the mops and pails are all left inside. Guess what her reply was? Something like "you go clean yourself " blah blah blah.. in addition, her tone of words is damn F***!! wahhh... at that point of time, my anger is at the boiling point. I turned and walked away, for i am afraid i will lose my temper and shouted back at her! I walked off.. if not i guess i will really blow up. I walked off telling all the other staff that "I asked auntie *** to clean the bed she asked me to clean myself" !! I was damn pissed can.. If everything STAFF NURSE will do, why would the hospital hire cleaners?
Arrggghhh... pissed off!
Another matter, i was helping my in-charge to settle some admin work, patient need to go for U/S Abdominal, need to urgently obtain the time for it. I heard another voices coming in "Janice, help to do the admission.." what i want to point out is that, i cant multi-task at the same time right, just let me finish my on hand job and i will help out.. damn.. ! Then another admission came, they had already finished passing report, the junior of that side, happily do her own things, happily walking, happily talking on the hospital phone in her own language.. I didn't want to care! i had already finished one admission, yet the pm shift junior still didn't want to take over, taking things for granted. Sometimes i really think that, 做人不要做得太过分!
OKAY i am done, i am done with releasing all my ANGER !!
I hate this sterotyping ward, no wonder so many ppl want to leave! When i was in ward 61, one staff said she really dislike working in 75, and i always wonder how serious can it be. Now, i really understand how it feels to work in a place that is so full of nonsense! I understand this point that no matter where u go, the environment, the ppl u are working with will still be as drastic as before, what important is that how u able to change all the negative thoughts to positive ones to adapt to the environment. Sigh!
When i am ready to approach sister that very day, i looked at her and i had no courage to just walk towards her tell her to sit down for a talk. I am so afraid that i will have a good scolding from her. Hence, i decided to pen down all my thoughts in letter format and give it to her. Afterwhich when she knew my intention, i will have a talk with her!
This matter has been bothering me for days. The more i work, the more i feel so unhappy. Past 2 days, the ward is really like a mad house. Afternoon shift work until 10pm, also no one give a damn. The clock had already strike 10 yet there's still admission that streamed in like water. Some ppl still expect you to finish it before u leave. I am MAD !
The next day, AM shift.. I almost couldn't wake up.. luckily darl saved me! He gave a call @ 6.15am.. I woke up being panicked! Late for work for mere 10minutes! Whatever!! I tried my best already, anyway called up the ward 15 minutes before 7am and informed them already. The rest of the day is hell. Dont bother to mention, but really hell..
My mood was badly affected. Didn't went for break, i cant put down all the things to just to have a drink. I am totally drained out. Awaiting for the PM shift staff to rescue.
One incident that made me so mad mad mad!! I asked the auntie, the cleaner in our ward to clean the floor and bed. Because they transfered to another bed and the room is not cleaned yet, plus all the mops and pails are all left inside. Guess what her reply was? Something like "you go clean yourself " blah blah blah.. in addition, her tone of words is damn F***!! wahhh... at that point of time, my anger is at the boiling point. I turned and walked away, for i am afraid i will lose my temper and shouted back at her! I walked off.. if not i guess i will really blow up. I walked off telling all the other staff that "I asked auntie *** to clean the bed she asked me to clean myself" !! I was damn pissed can.. If everything STAFF NURSE will do, why would the hospital hire cleaners?
Arrggghhh... pissed off!
Another matter, i was helping my in-charge to settle some admin work, patient need to go for U/S Abdominal, need to urgently obtain the time for it. I heard another voices coming in "Janice, help to do the admission.." what i want to point out is that, i cant multi-task at the same time right, just let me finish my on hand job and i will help out.. damn.. ! Then another admission came, they had already finished passing report, the junior of that side, happily do her own things, happily walking, happily talking on the hospital phone in her own language.. I didn't want to care! i had already finished one admission, yet the pm shift junior still didn't want to take over, taking things for granted. Sometimes i really think that, 做人不要做得太过分!
OKAY i am done, i am done with releasing all my ANGER !!
I hate this sterotyping ward, no wonder so many ppl want to leave! When i was in ward 61, one staff said she really dislike working in 75, and i always wonder how serious can it be. Now, i really understand how it feels to work in a place that is so full of nonsense! I understand this point that no matter where u go, the environment, the ppl u are working with will still be as drastic as before, what important is that how u able to change all the negative thoughts to positive ones to adapt to the environment. Sigh!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home