Monday, September 17, 2007

Finally my blogskin is up.

I just woke up from my sleep.......

I went for my night shift last night.. tonight will be my 2nd night.. i'm really drained out.. walked and worked non-stop for 10 whole hours!! I didn't even go for my break.. to have a drink or to have some bites since my last meal consumed at 5plus in the evening! Report passing started at 9pm and it ended off at around 0940pm... new case came in again in the midst of our passing of report!! I take over the new case that were half-done.... called the on-call doc to clerk.. and it take them forever to reach!! Staff N called the MO to clerk instead.. yesterday was really a busy night... after the admission patient's MR/FR kept bugging me to make milk and my parameters taking for the night was interrupted.. not long before i start my first patient hourly temperature taking, his fever was as high as 39.8... i reported to staff N and was told to tepid sponge the patient.. !! What to do.. i am the only junior for the night.. of cus i have to do it.. and again.. it delayed all my parameters taking for my 12 patients..

One after another, this patient temperature shoot up to 40.3.. i checked and see if any paracet were due... and Staff N asked me to tepid sponge the patient.. AGAIN!!! It delayed my parameters for the night.. in between, infusion drip alarms... the pint had finished... need to put up another pint.. and its so time consuming.. along came with patient's vomitting and milk making.. i almost died.. because i had no one to turn to.. !! I had to handle all by myself.... speaking about delegating job task.. how do u expect me to ask my senior to do all these... when i am the junior for the night... moreover Staff N is helping out with the blood culture taking !!!!

I finished everything about 11plus.. I had to go another round again.. because patient needs hourly monitoring.. and i have to go another round for my pathway 12am parameters taking.. Whenever i stand outside of the corridoor.. they will bound be someone coming over to ask me do this do that!! I was nice initially, but as the time ticks.. i became more moody.. and feeling so grumpy all over... in between of my everything.. one new case stepped in...!!! Sometimes i really hate to see porter came in with CE notes and they handle u with the very important task to do...!! Arrgghhh.. What to do... of cus i have to do it..

I didn't have time to rest my feet and i had to go round and round like a stupid idiot in the ward.. looking for a damn headphone and remote control.. and after i settled with the admission.. i had to go another round of my hourly taking.. because its due!!

1am 2am 3 am 4 am 5am 6am.... it goes on and on....

I'm really drained out.... feel so much want to break down.. Just when i am about to sit to quietly do with my charts, anothing thing cropped up again.. ! Again and again... it never ends.. patient will keep pressing call bell, day in day out... !!

I always asked myself.. why am i always in this line.. having to give so much and having little in return.. does all these matters to me?

One morning when i am on my way to work, i bumped onto Peijin.. she told me she had already quitted her job in SGH.. She's working in an office and told me one thing.. the pay is almost the same!!! People can just slack for half or even 3/4 of the day to get the same pay as me... whereas i had to slog my days and night with responsibility of my patient's health.. always be their ADVOCATOR !!! I always question myself.. why do i work in such a highly stress environment doing good for the community and having so little in return for myself... is there any job satisfaction for me???

No doubt, there were times when we received compliments from them. But does that really matters?? I wonder.. i really wonder!!

Hectic workload is enough to kill me!!

Harsh world of reality.. handling parents and their fretful child.. when at work still have to be cautious about colleagues.. there's really trust no one at work.. ..............................


I'm really sick and tired... but at times i still use cognitive reframing to frame all my negative thoughts to a postive one.. telling myself, no matter how hard i still have to persevere..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home